Thread: samsung dryer dv42h5000ew/a3 Repair

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

samsung dryer dv42h5000ew/a3 Repair

Model Number: dv42h5000ew/a3
    Brand: Samsung

Hello experts, I have a two year old Samsung dv42h5000ew/a3 Dryer that wouldn't heat.
    I bought the Heating Element Kit (Maxdot from Amazon) and replaced the element along with the thermostat and fuse that are housed with the element. I didn't find any breaks in the element, but it was pretty toasty looking. I vacuumed the inside of the unit out carefully and then put it all back together.
    The Dryer heated for 3 loads just like new...
    On the fourth load it got the clothes mostly dry then shut off. I restarted the drying cycle, it initially registered 44 minutes of dry time then it shut off after 1 min saying the load was dry. Did it again, same thing.
    I put the next load in and nothing, it goes back to just circulating air, no heat at all.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Similar situation but...

Quote Originally Posted by Avalonjohn44 View Post
    Model Number: dv42h5000ew/a3
    Brand: Samsung

Hello experts, I have a two year old Samsung dv42h5000ew/a3 Dryer that wouldn't heat.
    I bought the Heating Element Kit (Maxdot from Amazon) and replaced the element along with the thermostat and fuse that are housed with the element. I didn't find any breaks in the element, but it was pretty toasty looking. I vacuumed the inside of the unit out carefully and then put it all back together.
    The Dryer heated for 3 loads just like new...
    On the fourth load it got the clothes mostly dry then shut off. I restarted the drying cycle, it initially registered 44 minutes of dry time then it shut off after 1 min saying the load was dry. Did it again, same thing.
    I put the next load in and nothing, it goes back to just circulating air, no heat at all.
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Hello I have a Samsung dryer model #DV42H5400EF/A3 it is 5 years old and I had repairs done back in 2017 for the heating element. The dryer stopped heating and it was fixed under the warranty now the warranty has expired so I am trying to fix it myself. I replaced the heating element setup with a brand new one it was basically a plug in and use situation and it dried about 5 loads of clothes bit the next time i went to use it it would not heat i have checked the continuity of everything and that is all working as it should in fact i watched every video and tested everything i can and have found nothing wrong but still no heat!!! Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. There is no limit, everything tested as it should I have not blown any fuses or breakers it just stopped heating thanks again

Doc
    I do not have a wiring diagram for your unit but have one for a 42H500 and am assuming it is a close match to yours.
    Am also assuming that you have the correct wiring diagram and that yo have checked the thermistor resistance and that that the moisture sensor is clean.

The first thing to check is the power to/at the unit.
    Try flipping the breaker off/on slowly a couple times. Sometimes you can loose half the line without actually tripping the breaker.
    Check the voltage at the wall receptacle
    L1 to L2 should be 240 volts
    L1 to Neutral and L2 to Neutral, both should be 120 volts.
    If OK
    Unplug the unit and check the wires at the terminal strip in the machine to make sure none are loose or burned out
    If OK
    Check the power at the terminal strip.
    Do this with the heater off and on.
    Be careful as 240 volts is lethal !!!

Thank you I did all of this with NO ISSUES I found that the new heating element assembly I bought had a blown thermo fuse so I replaced it it dried one load and died again any clue what would keep causing it to blow? Thanks again

Doc
    I am assuming that the thermal fuse you refer to is on the heating element assembly.
    Also that you checked for a grounded element.

Check that the lint screen and vent ant back of the drum are clean. Sometimes they can get coated in fabric softener residue, greatly reducing air flow.
    Check that all seals are OK.
    Check that there is no heat during an air only cycle. If you get heat then it is either a grounded element or a control board problem.
    Check that the air flow path in the unit is clean, including the blower wheel.
    Check that the ducting is clean and that the outside louvers open properly. Though usually this would blow the thermal fuse on the blower.

Note it is starnge that it keeps blowing the thermal cut-off (fuse). The hi-limit should regulate the temperature at least for a while until it fails.