Thread: LG WM3470HVA Washer trips instantly when I tried to insert power cable in GFCI outlet

LG WM3470HVA Washer trips instantly when I tried to insert power cable in GFCI outlet

Model Number: WM3470HVA
    Brand: LG

Hello,

My washer first started stopping in between washing cycle by tripping off GFCI outlet. Then I plugged washer cable into non GFCI outlet using 15amps extension card which helped me to complete the washing cycles for few days (1 week). Later on I replaced GFCI outlet with new one. Then I tried to plugin the washer and started the washer cycle but again GFCI tripped with in 10 mins of the cycle. Then again I plugged washer cable into non GFCI outlet which tripped that line instantly. Since then which ever outlet that I plugged the washer cable in the instant response is trip no matter whether outlet is GFCI or non GFCI.

After reviewing lot of google forums and videos I replaced the circuit board with new OEM part by removing and keeping open top and back panel but the problem is not fixed. I even checked for water leaking onto wires where ever I can reach my hand from back of the washer.

So I reached to this forum and hopping that I could find some solution. Immediate help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    ~ RK
    Last edited by rkmullapudi; 03-06-2019 at 01:12 AM.