Thread: [FIXED] Washer wont spin out

[FIXED] Washer wont spin out

Model Number: GLTF2940ES3
    Brand: Frigidaire

My washer will fill , wash and drain fine but will skip the spin cycle completely. I have removed the door switch and tested it. It tests out at 1400 ohms. The manual says it should read 1500 ohms. Is that enough difference to say the switch is bad? Jimmy, thanks for any help in advance.

I should also mention that the trouble code was E47. ( Board thinks the door PTC circuit is open in spin ). Also what does PTC stand for? Thanks again, Jimmy

Hi Jimmy,

I am not sure what PTC stands for? If you find out, let me know. That is probably off by enough to cause it not to spin. Usually with the E47 error code, 95+% of the time it is the door latch/lock that has failed and causes the washer not to spin. The other possibilities are a bad control board, or a wiring problem. I would personally start with the door latch and that will most likely take care of your problem. Let us know how the repair goes for you.

This is the door latch for your washer:

Door Latch/Switch Assembly - 131763202
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thanks Doc, I was thinking the same thing but needed someone to confirm it. I will let you know if this works. I wonder if PTC short for " probably the cause". Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by jmelerine View Post
    Thanks Doc, I was thinking the same thing but needed someone to confirm it. I will let you know if this works. I wonder if PTC short for " probably the cause". Jimmy
    Lol, that is probably an accurate definition. Keep me posted on how the repair goes.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Doc, you are the man. I ordered the door switch Sat morning. It came in today ( Wed ). It took me 5 minutes to install and test. Bam, it worked. I will definitely use Parts Dr again. Thanks again for your help.

Jimmy

Jimmy, thanks for the feedback! I am glad it took care of the problem with your washer. I have updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com