Thread: Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer Water Intake Valve

Whirlpool Cabrio Top Load Washer Water Intake Valve

Model Number: WTW7300DW0
    Brand: Whirlpool

I have a 2014 Cabrio Top Load Washer that I had to replace the water intake valve in December 2017 and now having to replace it again. Wondering if the manufacturer part has a defect or if there is something else causing the intake valve to malfunction. The washer works fine for a while and then begins to leak water into the tub, and then slowly will not intake water until finally it doesn't at all. In a new house, so hoses and water valves are less than 5 years old. Possible other causes??

Doc
    I have not heard of bad valves on this unit.

Is the water pressure good in the house.

The valves usually use the water pressure to help them close properly so low pressure can cause valve problems.

Also check the valve screens.
    Most valves have a screen on the inputs which can get dirty/plugged.
    Also check the hoses some have screens built into the sealing washer.

It also would not be a bad idea to check to make sure that the valve is getting 120 volts.

As I mentioned, it's a new house, so the pressure is good, hoses are new (no screens), and the valve is getting volts.

I ordered the replacement valve, installed it and everything is working as it should as normal. I'm not sure what the issue with the valves are, having to replace them with only a few years of use.

Sounds like some kind of defect that is causing the valve to lose operating capability over a period of time - it's not like it works one day and then not the next, it's a slow progression of failure.

Any other thoughts?