Thread: Leak on water filter housing

Patient

Leak on water filter housing

Model Number: ASD2522VRS00
    Brand: Amana

I had a leak coming from the water filter housing on my fridge. It was leaking from the ports where the water inlet & line to pump are. I ordered a replacement one from Parts Dr and installed it. It leaked even worse when I turned the water on so I presumed I had a defective one. I contacted Parts Dr and they sent out a replacement (thanks for that). It still leaks a little and I thought it might be the filter so I tried a brand new one - no change. I also checked the lines to see if I might have plugged them into the wrong ports but they are different diameters so that isn't possible.

I am thinking it might be the lines themselves. I have the part number for the water in line (Part # PD00003379 Mfg # 8201597) but cannot find the one for the filter housing-to- pump. If anyone knows the part number for that I would appreciate it.

I also wanted to check and see if there is a kit that I can basically bypass the filter housing and connect the 2 lines and I'll just get an in-line water filter instead. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

You go to change the filter cartridge in the filter housing and when you’ve got it all back together, you see a little drop start to form where the bottom meets the top, and you have a leaking water filter.

How to fix a leaking water filter.

1. Shut off the water supply going to the leaking water filter by turning a ball valve lever 1/4 turn (90 degrees).
    2. Depressurize filter by turning on water faucet after the system until water stops.
    3. Shut off the water after filter if possible.
    4. Unscrew the leaking filter housing.
    5. Check and clean housing and O ring that seals the filter housing.
    6. Lubricate O ring with silicone based lubricant and place it back in its channel.
    7. Replace housing and hand tighten.
    8. Turn the water back on and check for leaks.