Thread: Electrolux displaying error code CE

Electrolux displaying error code CE

Model Number: ew26ss65gs0
    Brand: Electrolux

Several days ago I started getting an error code CE on my display. I could unplug the unit and plug it back in and it would reset and run fine. However yesterday it started cutting on and off about every 10 seconds and a clicking sound would come on from the main control board with each time it cut on or off. I have since unplugged it. Do you think the main control board needs replacing? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. Mark L

Mark,

The CE error code stands for "Communication Error. It means that there is a loss of communications between the UI (user interface) and Main PCB. The problem could be either of the control boards, or a wiring problem. You should first unplug the refrigerator and check the wiring and connections to the circuit boards. I would also inspect the wiring where it comes out of the door (top or bottom). If the problem still persists then you will have to replace one or both of the control boards. Also, some people have reported on these that a bad compressor was causing this type of problem. A bad compressor can very easily draw high amperage and burn out the control board. Depending on your skill level you might need to have a technician diagnose the problem for you. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter