Thread: Refrigerator

Refrigerator

[b]Model Number: RF220NCTASR/AA
    [b]Brand: Samsung
    [b]Age: 4.5 years

Samsung Refrigerator# RF220NCTASRAA:

This is a double door model, with a bar on the left side (which also contains a heater) which rotates behind (& pulls up against) the right door when closing. But suddenly, it will neither stay open after opening, nor pull up against the back side of the right door after closing.

It almost seems like a spring (or detent) is missing, but I cannot see such a thing.
    Last edited by Taxman2019; 05-07-2019 at 10:18 AM. Reason: add model#

Answer to the problem, from owner.

[b]Brand: Samsung
    [b]Age: 4.5 years

Samsung Refrigerator# RF220NCTASRAA:

This is a double door model, with a bar on the left side (which also contains a heater) which rotates behind (& pulls up against) the right door when closing. But suddenly, it will neither stay open after opening, nor pull up against the back side of the right door after closing.

It almost seems like a spring (or detent) is missing, but I cannot see such a thing.

Update: Surprising solution, provided by local appliance repair: Hidden in the bar is a small torsion spring, which often breaks. That is exactly what happened to mine, even though a spring like this should last 50 years. Samsung wanted to sell me the whole bar, which includes a heater inside, for $109. It is very difficult to take the bar apart, and Samsung doesn't even sell the spring, but with the help of the appliance repair store, I have ordered 2 springs from Amazon for $10. I believe Samsung should make it easy to replace the spring, but then they couldn't sell the expensive bar itself.

I have the bar apart, waiting for my replacement spring.