Model Number: RSG257AARS
Brand: Samsung

Hi

After seeing an intermittent "PC Er" on the front control panel, sometimes it would go away with a freezer door open/close. Then it went on solid. It's a Micom communication error. After checking the connectors and not clearing the error, I opened the back Main PCB cover. I then did a continuity check on the wires going to the control panel. I found one of the communications wires open. After checking at the upper connector to the panel, the brown wire at pin 2 was not continuous or connected anymore. I separated the wire bundle going down into the top hinge to isolate the brown wire and it simply slid right out. The break is fairly clean at about 2 inches below the hinge where it enters the door.

I'm trying to figure out how to reconnect it, but there does not seem to be a replacement harness and my inspection shows that the harness appears to be unable to be separated from the door. I think it may be buried in the foam. I was hoping to remove the inner plastic shield at that point, but it looks like it is glued in place. I can't find any assembly screws or snap closures after removing the upper Ice assemblies.

Do I have to replace the whole freezer door? Has anyone seen this type of wire break before?

Thanks
Bart