Thread: every light is blinking on my samsung dishwasher

every light is blinking on my samsung dishwasher

Model Number: DW80K5050
    Brand: Samsung

I had a power outage in my area. when the power came back on, every light on the touchpad began to blink. I tried to reset by holding down the start button, but that didn't work. I turned off the circuit breaker to the dishwasher for several hours. when I turned it back on, the lights still blinked. I contacted Samsung helpline. The informed me that the touchpad wasn't communicating with the control panel, but would not tell me if either or both should be replaced. I can fix just about anything and refuse to call a tech to repair this. im certain if I were to contact a tech, it would probably cost as much for the repair as purchasing a new dishwasher. any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Doc
    I cannot find any tech info on this unit.
    Hopefully you have the tech sheet.

If the keypad is a normal bubble switch type pad then odds are that it is a control board problem.

If the keypad is a touch pad (glass type) then it could be either the keypad or control board.

Flashing lights is usually a shorted key error but you need the wiring diagram to properly find the fault and many times it cannot be diagnosed.

Quote Originally Posted by denman View Post
    I cannot find any tech info on this unit.
    Hopefully you have the tech sheet.

If the keypad is a normal bubble switch type pad then odds are that it is a control board problem.

If the keypad is a touch pad (glass type) then it could be either the keypad or control board.

Flashing lights is usually a shorted key error but you need the wiring diagram to properly find the fault and many times it cannot be diagnosed.

it is the glass type keypad im gonna order both keypad and control boards when (if) I get it running, ill let you know which board needed replaced. thank you I appreciate your response

Doc
    Since it is a glass (capacitive) keypad before installing the boards open the door and let the area dry out.
    Also would be a good idea to disconnect connectors and clean them with electronics cleaner or isopropyl alcohol.
    Moisture, dirt and poor grounds/connectors can cause havoc with these keypads.

i'll do that. I'm gonna try to do that first on the old boards first. thanks for the advice

Repaired dishwasher

Quote Originally Posted by tooch View Post
    i'll do that. I'm gonna try to do that first on the old boards first. thanks for the advice
    just want to let you know that I replaced the main control board and that rectified my problem. I purchased the brand new board from ebay. it was $68 with free shipping. took me about 10 minutes to switch out. wanted to thank you for responding to my post.

It will order both the keypad and the control board to dry the area as the boards open the door to improse a glass type keypad. just wanted to let you know that I replaced the main control board and it fixed my issue.

Just wanted to ask, what is it with Samsung control boards? Have a Samsung dryer that the control board went out. And it seems from my research it is an oddly common problem with Samsung appliances. Won’t buy Samsung anymore.