Thread: Another Dryer that will not heat

Samsung Dryer that will not heat - Blowing Fuses?

Model Number: DV405ETPASU-
    Brand: Samsung

I seem to be going thru Hi-Limit fuses.
    It started with the heater not heating. I Ohm'd out the element and fuses. Found a broken element. The kit I bought came with an element, Hi - temp fuse and Thermostat. I replaced them all. It heated and ran well for a day. The Next day same issue - Found blown Hi-temp fuse. I put the old one back in and it started to heat. Ran well for another day. And again not heating - Bad Thermostat #2 (High Temp control)(Ohm tested - Element is fine) - replaced with old thermostat- worked for a min, and then started shutting off within minutes. While I had it apart the first time I cleaned every part I could get to. The vents, fan, lint trap, and dryer tube are all clear. No Codes were thrown, And the troubleshooting guide keeps pointing to a clog.
    I set it up for a bypass test to see if it would work by bypassing the Hi-Limit fuse for 60 Sec. It worked. I turned the settings to low temp setting and ran the dryer only while i was home (Ordered another Hi-Limit fuse - another 3 day wait). It quit heating the next day. I tested the power - Getting 240v. I have another set of Hi temp fuse and thermostat. But why would I be blowing the fuses??
    I'm not sure what the issue is but I am getting very proficient at tearing down and rebuilding this thing.
    Last edited by RCM; 06-17-2019 at 11:22 AM.

I’m following because we are having the same issue. We’ve replaced the fuse 3 times and replaced the whole element a month ago. It ran fine until tonight and now we are out of heat AGAIN .

Quote Originally Posted by RCM View Post
    Model Number: DV405ETPASU-
    Brand: Samsung

I seem to be going thru Hi-Limit fuses.
    It started with the heater not heating. I Ohm'd out the element and fuses. Found a broken element. The kit I bought came with an element, Hi - temp fuse and Thermostat. I replaced them all. It heated and ran well for a day. The Next day same issue - Found blown Hi-temp fuse. I put the old one back in and it started to heat. Ran well for another day. And again not heating - Bad Thermostat #2 (High Temp control)(Ohm tested - Element is fine) - replaced with old thermostat- worked for a min, and then started shutting off within minutes. While I had it apart the first time I cleaned every part I could get to. The vents, fan, lint trap, and dryer tube are all clear. No Codes were thrown, And the troubleshooting guide keeps pointing to a clog.
    I set it up for a bypass test to see if it would work by bypassing the Hi-Limit fuse for 60 Sec. It worked. I turned the settings to low temp setting and ran the dryer only while i was home (Ordered another Hi-Limit fuse - another 3 day wait). It quit heating the next day. I tested the power - Getting 240v. I have another set of Hi temp fuse and thermostat. But why would I be blowing the fuses??
    I'm not sure what the issue is but I am getting very proficient at tearing down and rebuilding this thing.
    UPDATE:

I again replaced the Hi Limit fuse and thermostat (Came in the bundle I ordered). I tested the rest of the parts with the ohm meter, THEN I replaced the moisture sensors !! Seems to be working now!!! There are 2 of them in front of the lint trap housing on the inside of the bulkhead! I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Willard224 View Post
    I’m following because we are having the same issue. We’ve replaced the fuse 3 times and replaced the whole element a month ago. It ran fine until tonight and now we are out of heat AGAIN .
    Willard224,
    I again replaced the Hi Limit fuse and thermostat (Came in the bundle I ordered). I tested the rest of the parts with the ohm meter, THEN I replaced the moisture sensors !! Seems to be working now!!! There are 2 of them in front of the lint trap housing on the inside of the bulkhead! I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Willard224 View Post
    I had the same issue. I replaced the themes fuse two times, element, thermostats. I did a lot of research and found that it may be a moisture sensor. Try that. The parts are pretty cheap $6+ for 1 part.