Thread: Samsung Icemaker Broke

Samsung Icemaker Broke

Model Number: DA97-07549B
    Brand: Samsung

Hey Doc,

Samsung RSG257AARS/XAA ice maker quit working. I've got good water flow, freezer is set to -4 and is working, filter has been replaced, I unplugged the fridge from the wall and then ran the diagnostic test-no faults. I press the ice maker test and nothing happens. The motor that moves the ice removal are hasn't moved in 4 days. I'm trying to figure out if I need a new ice maker or the motherboard I've read about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm trying to save the $90 service charge.

Thanks

If the ice maker is completely dead and not doing anything, then we usually that it is the ice maker that is bad. I have not seen Samsung publish information to do a voltage test to see if the ice maker is receiving power from the control board or not, so you will have to make an educated guess. I would recommend to first replace the ice maker, and then the control board if you continue to have problems afterwards. Samsung used two different ice makers on your model refrigerator. You will need to look at the part number on the blue tag on the bottom of your ice maker to see which one yours uses.

These are the parts for your model:

Ice Maker - DA97-07549B

Ice Maker Assembly - DA97-06364B

Main Control Board - DA41-00524A
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Hey Ryan,

Got the ice maker today. How long should I wait until it is confirmed that I've replaced the wrong part. It's been about 4 hours with no action. I think my manual said 12 hours. That sound right? Any other troubleshooting I can do? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by brokedown View Post
    Hey Ryan,

Got the ice maker today. How long should I wait until it is confirmed that I've replaced the wrong part. It's been about 4 hours with no action. I think my manual said 12 hours. That sound right? Any other troubleshooting I can do? Thanks.
    It will take a while because the ice maker has to cool down to the proper temperature before it will start to make ice again. So don't check it every few minutes because it will just take longer to cool down. Most of the time the manual will say to give it 12-24 hours to start making ice. Let me know what happens.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter