Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frigidaire oven won't heat up - but all other functions seem fine

Frigidaire oven won't heat up - but all other functions seem fine

Model Number: PLEFMZ99ECF
    Brand: Frigidaire

The oven on my Frigidare stove won't heat. The top elements all work fine and the lower " bake-n-warm" oven works fine. All the digital displays appear to be working and intact. We've completely unplugged it to make sure no reset was needed. If I turn the oven to the convection setting the fan will turn on but the coils won't heat up. We have pulled them out and inspected for any breaks or damage, tested them with a multimeter and inspected the wires for any burn out or damage. All looks well. We have never used the clean function, I can't imagine that being the cause. It worked great the night before to bake a loaf of bread them the next night nothing. Can anyone help? Thanks in advanced for your input!

It sounds to me like you are having a control board problem. There are multiple control boards on your range, one for the burners, one for the lower mini oven, and one for the main oven. If the clock/timer control board is receiving proper power, both of the elements are good, and it's not sending power to the bake/broil elements, then the control board is bad and will need to be replaced. One note on the clock control board is that it doesn't include the black faceplate (overlay). If the overlay won't peal off the old one in one piece than you will need to order that separately. Let me know how the repair goes for you.

Here are the parts for your range:

Clock Timer Control Board - 316418704

Oven Control Board/Timer Overlay - 316419700
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

How do you get access to change the control board?

Quote Originally Posted by rguajardo01 View Post
    How do you get access to change the control board?
    It is accessed from the back of the range. Unplug and pull out the range, remove the screws to the top back panel, and you will have access to the control board.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

hello my name Freddie I have a Frigidaire oven model# FEF326FBC my wife cleaned the oven two days ago and now the bake and the boiler is not working the top part of the oven is fine can you help me.

Quote Originally Posted by buitoni5 View Post
    hello my name Freddie I have a Frigidaire oven model# FEF326FBC my wife cleaned the oven two days ago and now the bake and the boiler is not working the top part of the oven is fine can you help me.
    Freddie,

Normally if the top burners are still working okay and the bake and broil elements both stopped working at the same time, then the control board is usually bad. You can verify this with a volt meter and doing some voltage checks.

This is the control board & overlay for your range:

Oven Control Board - 316455400

Touchpad Overlay (Black) - 316220701
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

On my Frigidaire range, nothing works except the buttons light up. Is it the same problem? There is 220 volts at the wall. When it stopped working, there was a huge bang that woke us up at 7 am and smoke was coming from the oven. Do I need a control panel or a whole new range?

What if nothing works?

The functions on the front seem to be working, but nothing heats up. Stovetop, oven, and broiler are all dead. There is 220 volts at the wall. Is this a control panel problem or do I need to get a new stove?

Quote Originally Posted by DSGme View Post
    The functions on the front seem to be working, but nothing heats up. Stovetop, oven, and broiler are all dead. There is 220 volts at the wall. Is this a control panel problem or do I need to get a new stove?
    Unplug the range and check the terminal block at the back of the stove where the cord attaches. Look for any burned or broken wires there. If those look good, then remove the back panels of the range and look for and burned or broken wires there. Let me know what you find.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

I have the same problem - except my oven made a popping sound and stopped heating (Christmas Eve). Neither elements will heat and there is no visible damage, so we are pretty sure it isn't the elements. Do we need to replace both parts and can you tell me the part numbers for Frigidaire Model # FES365EQA? Thank you!

Frigidaire Model: FEF352AWF

Oven & broiler elements not heating, stove top elements work fine.
    Is this a bad control board? If so, what is the part number?

Thanks.

I have a Frigidaire electric stove... not sure where to find the model number, but everything works fine including the broiler, but my oven will not heat. Is it possible that I just need to replace my bottom element? Is it difficult to replace?

Doc
    Is it possible that I just need to replace my bottom element? Is it difficult to replace?

Yes you should be able to replace it fairly easily.

Unplug the stove.
    This is very important because on most units there is still voltage to one side of the element even when it is turned off.
    Undo the screw/s holding the element to the back of the oven.
    Carefully pull the element into the oven.
    Remove the wires from it and check it with a meter.
    Should be around 20 ohms.
    It is a good idea to clip something (clothespin etc.) to the wires so they do not disappear into the back of the unit while you are checking the element.

I have a Frigidaire Gallery model LGEF3045KFB convection range. the top burners and all functions appear to be fine however the oven wont heat up on bake or broil. After an hour and 45 minutes it only got up to 247 degrees. I have checked the plug and the house breaker and both are fine.

Doc
    Check the oven elements.
    During preheat and bake most units switch back and forth between the bake and broil elements.
    You should be able to do this by looking to see if they get red.

Unplug the stove.
    This is very important because on most units there is still voltage to one side of the element even when it is turned off.
    Undo the screw/s holding the element to the back of the oven.
    Carefully pull the element into the oven.
    Remove the wires from it and check it with a meter.
    Should be around 20 ohms.
    It is a good idea to clip something (clothespin etc.) to the wires so they do not disappear into the back of the unit while you are checking the element.

Check the oven sensor.
    It should be about 1070 ohms at room temperature.

If both the above are OK then odds are that it is a control board problem.

My elements are not visible. I assume there is some sort of removable panels to access them?

Doc
    I think there are a couple screws at the back of the bottom oven pan that need to be removed and then the bottom pan should come out letting you get to the bake element.

I do not see a cover for the broil (top) element so I do not know why you cannot see it.

You're Right, the broiler is exposed. Question, what is the likelihood that both burners would go out at the same time literally overnight?

Doc
    The likelihood of both elements burning out at the same time is very, very slim.
    Could be a wire that is common to both is bad.

But you said " After an hour and 45 minutes it only got up to 247 degrees." so I do not think that both are bad as you are getting some heat?

Thanks. I'll check em.