Thread: Kitchen Aid ice maker not ejecting cubes

Kitchen Aid ice maker not ejecting cubes

Model Number: KRFF302ESS01
    Brand: KitchenAid

OK. This one is tough. Ice maker stopped making ice. I checked the thermostat and it seemed bad so I replaced it. Water filled the mold, ice got cold, ejector wouldn't eject the cubes. So, I bought a new ice maker and installed it. Same problem. So, I called a repair guy. He installed a new new ice maker. Same problem. Temperature reading for freezer is zero. Repair guy checked it with his thermometer and it got back down to 18 after he had had it open for a while repairing. After he left, freezer reading went back down to zero from 18-19 while he was there with door open, etc. Still nothing. So now we have tried a new thermo and two new ice makers and still can't get the thing to dump cubes into the bin. Repair guys says there is nothing else he can do to help and he has never seen this before. Any ideas? There is definitely water coming in and definitely power to the unit as it can be cycled by jumping the circuit for the thermo. Pretty stumped. Thanks for help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by morrepe View Post
    Model Number: KRFF302ESS01
    Brand: KitchenAid

OK. This one is tough. Ice maker stopped making ice. I checked the thermostat and it seemed bad so I replaced it. Water filled the mold, ice got cold, ejector wouldn't eject the cubes. So, I bought a new ice maker and installed it. Same problem. So, I called a repair guy. He installed a new new ice maker. Same problem. Temperature reading for freezer is zero. Repair guy checked it with his thermometer and it got back down to 18 after he had had it open for a while repairing. After he left, freezer reading went back down to zero from 18-19 while he was there with door open, etc. Still nothing. So now we have tried a new thermo and two new ice makers and still can't get the thing to dump cubes into the bin. Repair guys says there is nothing else he can do to help and he has never seen this before. Any ideas? There is definitely water coming in and definitely power to the unit as it can be cycled by jumping the circuit for the thermo. Pretty stumped. Thanks for help in advance.
    UPDATE: Checked temp of freezer with an external thermo. at least 5 degrees F, so plenty cold enough. Any ideas?