Thread: Control Board W10503278 Programming Instructions

Control Board W10503278 Programming Instructions

Model Number: gx5fhdts
    Brand: Whirlpool

just replaced control board #W10503278 and have both freezer and frig temp indicators blinking zero. I got no program instructions with part. I am an engineer but have no knowledge of programming this frig board.

Here are the written instructions included with the part.
    16022940 Rev. A

Programming Procedure:

The replacement control board is not programmed The Refrigerator will not operate without a code selected. It is important to program the control board with the correct code. Product must be powered up to program. If no code has been programmed the display will display 00 or flashing 00.

Note: The program code for this refrigerator is located on the serial plate on this unit after the word Code.

1. Open the fresh food door and hold the fresh food door light switch closed while pushing the freezer temperature down key pad 3 times consecutively.
    2. Release the Fresh Food door light switch.
    3. The control will display PE to confirm entry into the programming mode.
    4. Entry is confirmed by pressing the Freezer Down key once more.
    5. The control will display no Program Code.
    6. To set the desired Program Code number, press the Freezer and Refrigerator UP keys. The corresponding digit will be advanced with each key press.
    7. Once the desired Program Code is displayed, press the Freezer DOWN Key until the Program Code begins flashing indicating it has been saved.
    Note: If you attempt to enter an invalid Program Code the control will not save the code, but will flash Program Code 00, (The unit will NOT run with a Program Code of 00).
    8. Once the Program Code has been saved the Programming Mode is exited by closing the Refrigerator door(s).

Note: If you to enter a wrong Program Code the control can be reprogrammed by restarting the procedure from the beginning.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Hello, I am replacing the control board on a Whirlpool Gold Series French Door 2015 model WRF736SDAM13 - Serial Number K54514568 and there is no CODE printed on the Whirlpool product plate inside the left door. Its blank. How do I acquire a CODE prior to installing this new board? Will it require a CODE at all-or automatically search for the code? Why would Whirlpool brand that ID Plate without the Code?
    Last edited by JSK; 07-17-2020 at 10:31 AM.