Thread: [FIXED] Samsung French door ice maker faulty

[FIXED] Samsung French door ice maker faulty

Model Number: RF267AEBP
    Brand: Samsung

I have received the ice maker assembly I ordered from you but I am having difficulty in removal of the faulty unit. Can you advise me on how to proceed?
    Thanks,
    Ron

Ron,

This is how to remove the DA97-07365A Ice maker (see attached image):

First unplug the refrigerator.
    Then remove the screw on the left, this will allow you to pull off the side panel and unplug the connector that goes to the ice maker.
    Next pull the locking tab down on the ice maker while pulling the ice maker towards you.
    This will release it. Re-install the new ice maker in the reverse order.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DA97-07365A.jpg  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Let me know how the repair goes for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thanks, Ryan.
    I tried as you suggested but the unit seems to be very tight in the compartment. I noticed that on the top edge near the lock tab there are two slots which are probably used to "hang" the unit in place. Am I correct there? Also, should I have to use a lot of pressure to slide the unit out?
    Ron

Ryan,
    I was successful in the removal of the faulty unit. I think the wiring harness was hindering the removal. The new unit is in and I am waiting for the first cycle of ice. In looking at the removed unit, it looks like there must be an ice tray full sensor to notify the shut off valve to close. I believe this is the source of the problem so the new unit should correct the issue. Thanks for your help and if there is any more update, I will forward it to you.
    Ron

Ron,

I am glad you got the ice maker removed, and the new one installed. It usually takes a while for the ice maker to cool down and start to make ice again, so leave it alone and give it some time. These ice makers work on a timed fill, so they will fill up with water for X amount of seconds. That is why having proper water pressure is important.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Ryan,
    After several dumps of the ice cubes there is no signs of excess water which was there before to form large ice clumps. I do believe the problem is resolved. I appreciate your help and the use of this forum.
    thanks again.
    Ron

Great to hear Ron! Thanks for the feedback. I updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Great to hear Ron! Thanks for the feedback. I updated the status of this thread to FIXED.
    I am having similar problems, I have an RF4287HARS/XAA-01 and I replaced the ice maker with part # DA97-07365G, I am still having an ice bridging problem and I see that someone said that depending on the rev# of my refr, I may need a new Main PC Board. Has anyone had this experience?