Thread: GE Profile French Door Refrigerator No Water/Ice

GE Profile French Door Refrigerator No Water/Ice

Model Number: PYE23PSDDSS
    Brand: Brand

Good day,

I have a GE Profile French Door refrigerator model PYE23PSDDSS which is not dispensing water nor making ice(as a result of not getting the water). Prior to losing all water, we would occasionally get a louder humming noise than normal and within a second or so water would begin to flow. It was otherwise working normally. That occurred for a week or two and now all water flow has ceased but we do here a faint humming noise when the dispenser is activated.

I located the water tank at the bottom of the left side door and drained it to verify there is no ice inside it blocking flow.

We had not made any adjustments to the filter recently so we pulled out the filter and plugged in a bypass to see if that would change anything but it still didn't work. When I did this step, I only held it down for perhaps 30 seconds or so for fear of burning up a motor or something.

Do you have recommendations for my next troubleshooting steps?

Thanks,
    Travis

Quote Originally Posted by jeffsears View Post
    I think you should consult with a professional Appliance Repair service provider. They are experts and have enough knowledge about this. So they will quickly resolve your problem.
    I don't consider your response to be helpful, particularly based on your post history and link in your signature. You appear to have a vested interest in steering people toward appliance repair technicians rather than providing meaningful assistance.

I spend a considerable amount of time doing basic mechanical and electrical work on the farm I work for and have the aptitude to do any of the required steps. Unfortunately information regarding my particular model does not seem readily available.

As an owner or employee of a repair service well outside my area(Florida), perhaps you would like to instead suggest next steps for what I should test?

Thanks