Thread: Frigidaire ER UO. Can I test the vent?

Frigidaire ER UO. Can I test the vent?

Model Number: FDB4315LFB0
    Brand: Frigidaire

I have the ER UO code. I pulled the washer out and tried to start it up. I hear and see the vent open and close about 4 times then the ER UO code pops up and the washer stops. So I took the vent off and took it apart to clean it really well. It still does not work. Is there any way to test the vent to see if it's the vent? Or do I replace the vent first then try the control board? Any advice would be great!
    Thanks!
    Matt

Matt,

That is often how the vent will act when they fail. The manufacture does not have a test procedure to test the vent. Here is what the manufacture says:

UO Error: Vent open. While in wash cycle ,main control does not receive signal from vent assembly that vent plunger is closed. Plunger status is sensed with optical sensor in vent assembly. Check wiring between vent assembly and main control board. If wiring correct,replace vent assembly. If error still exist, replace main control board.
    Frigidaire has updated the wiring harness and vent on your model, so they are both replaced together at the same time. Let me know if the vent takes care of your problem.

This is the vent for your model:

Vent & Fan Assembly Kit - Part # PD00004968 (mfg #5304467317)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Doc Ryan,

Thanks for the info. I'll order a new vent and give that a try. I will post an update once I get the new vent installed.

Thank you again.

Matt

Alright, keep me posted on how the repair goes for you.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter