Thread: Whirlpool in-door Iíve maker replaced, still not working

Whirlpool in-door Iíve maker replaced, still not working

Model Number: WRS571CIDM01
    Brand: Whirlpool

Replaced ice maker assembly, still no ice, ice level control arm stays in off position. Defrosted freezer, cleaned coils, and freezer is at 0*. Had a repairman come out, and he didnít want to mess with it. He had bad experiences with them in past. Called another repair place and explained everything to him and he thought I got a faulty new part. Has this been an issue in the past? Iíve seen some posts about the power wires being apart at the pinch point on bottom of door. Any suggestions on my next steps?

is your ice maker inside one of the refrigerator doors or is it in the freezer? If in one of the refrigerator doors, is the temperature inside the ice dispenser tray cold enough to keep ice frozen if you were to put some in there?

When your ice maker stopped working, did the ice already present inside the ice dispenser tray start to melt or did the existing ice stay frozen, but ice maker just stopped making new ice? I have a french door refrigerator where the ice maker is inside the refrigerator door and my freezer is a drawer at the bottom. My ice maker stopped working but I don't believe the temperature in the ice maker box is getting cold enough to start making ice as my ice started to melt even though my freezer drawer was still staying cold. Is it possible that if the ice maker is not operating correctly, the refrigerator than stops blowing cold air into the ice maker box area or is there a fan that is out that may not be correctly blowing cold air into the ice maker box and thus the ice maker does not start?