Model Number: DA97-05422A
Brand: Samsung

I have a GE fridge model PFSS6PKXASS with a Samsung ice maker model number IMC701/DA97-05422A. Occasionally water will overflow the ice maker and drop down into the ice bin or get underneath the ice bin and freeze the whole thing into a block of ice. The only way to remove the bin is to unplug the fridge and let everything defrost.

I detached the ice maker from the roof of the fridge leaving it plugged in, pressed the test button and it seems to work ok. The harvester arm rotates 360 degrees, the tray heats up, the sweep arm extends down and water comes out of the fill tube. I caught the water in a cup, poured it into the ice tray and it appears to be the correct amount.

I also filled the tray and let it sit on the counter for a few hours, there were no leaks.

I've tested the water inlet valve (part #WR57X10082) and getting 200 ohms on one switch and 350 ohms on the other. When I ran the ice maker through the test mode, the water turned on and off as expected and didn't seem to drip or over fill.

It might be a coincidence but this started to happen when we replaced the water filter. The new filter flowed water at a much lower rate than the old filter. We purchased another new filter which flows at a normal rate but we still have the same problem with the ice maker.

Any ideas which part is faulty?

Thanks.

Steve