Thread: Whirlpool Duet Washer-Won't Drain

Whirlpool Duet Washer-Won't Drain

Model Number: WFW9150WW00
    Brand: Other

The drain pump motor burned out and was replaced with a new pump and motor. The new pump won't run. I have replaced the CCU which had no effect. The error code is F1E1, which denotes no power to the drain pump motor. I have checked the pump motor with an ohmmeter and it tests ok. Can someone help me with this problem?

I posted the service information below regarding this error code. Follow those steps first. There are multiple things that can cause this error code. One other thing that we have seen is a failed MCU (motor control unit) can cause the CCU to act up. You can try unplugging the washer and then unplugging the MCU connector from the CCU, and then starting the washer up again and seeing if the error goes away. Let me know what you find.

F1E1 Error - Pump Driver/Main Relays/EEPROM Error

The pump driver fails to activate/One of the main relays is not working properly/
    A communication error between the Central Control Unit (CCU) and the EEPROM
    onboard the CCU occurred.

• Check for loose power outlet. A loose power plug in the wall can create line noise and issues.

• Check if washer is on a dedicated circuit. Other devices on same circuit can create line noise and cause this issue.

• Unplug washer or disconnect power.

• Make sure that wire harness connections from the CCU are not broken or with wires detached, and that connector internal pins are visible.

• Make sure all green wires (ground harness system) are not broken or detached.

• Make sure the two ground switches are pressed correctly by the toe and rear panels.

• Make sure all connectors are fully seated.

• Plug in washer or reconnect power.

• Check for power going to Central Control Unit (CCU) by listening for a click in the CCU when unit is plugged in washer or when reconnecting power.

• Verify unit operation by performing the Diagnostic Test. See page 5.

• After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer or disconnect power and wait for 15 seconds.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter