Thread: Samsung flexwash won't turn on

Samsung flexwash won't turn on

Model Number: WV55M9600AV/A5-02
    Brand: Samsung

Shut off 15 days after warranty expired. won't turn on. Used a electricity sensor to see if power was going everywhere. it is but won't turn on. I guess it's the main circuit board? But they sell 2 main circuit boards on the site for it. Which one do I need to replace? The one under the drum? I have a baby coming in 1 week. HELP! LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_20191202-172550_Chrome.jpg   Screenshot_20191202-172543_Chrome.jpg  

Patient
    I have the same problem with my WV55M9600A. Tech came out and said the "control Board" needs replacing. I think that is Part no. DC92-01989.
    Is that the part replaced on your washer?

Pete

Samsung Flexwash

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty clothes View Post
    Model Number: WV55M9600AV/A5-02
    Brand: Samsung

Shut off 15 days after warranty expired. won't turn on. Used a electricity sensor to see if power was going everywhere. it is but won't turn on. I guess it's the main circuit board? But they sell 2 main circuit boards on the site for it. Which one do I need to replace? The one under the drum? I have a baby coming in 1 week. HELP! LOL
    Thanks for posting - exact same problem just happened with mine. There’s no power to both the top and bottom washer. Any luck with yours? Warranty just ran out on mine too.

FYI, my Samsung Flexdry dryer did the same exact thing and Samsung replaced the unit.

Washer - Samsung Flexwash WV55M9600AV/A5 WV55M9600AV

And congrats on your baby!
    Last edited by Fadi; 02-24-2020 at 07:42 PM.

Patient
    I bought and replaced the control board on bottom rear. Did not fix problem. Found out there are three "Control Boards" on this washer. Tech told me I bought the wrong control board. Besides the one I replaced there is a "Display Control Board" and another control board which may be the one. Not sure. Tech supposedly coming on the 26th to replace correct board (hopefully).

Pete

Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by chistp View Post
    I bought and replaced the control board on bottom rear. Did not fix problem. Found out there are three "Control Boards" on this washer. Tech told me I bought the wrong control board. Besides the one I replaced there is a "Display Control Board" and another control board which may be the one. Not sure. Tech supposedly coming on the 26th to replace correct board (hopefully).

Pete
    Okay, problem fixed. It was one of the two Display boards DC92-01992F in my case. The other board is DC92-1993A. Finally called Dish...after 3 weeks w/o a washer. Tech knew exactly where the problem was since he's seen it many times before. He swapped 1993A nothing Then swapped DC92-01992F. Walla! Then he put the old 1993A board back and still had power. Now the F at the end of the board number seems to be the 6th version of that board (A,B,C,D,E,F). Constantly trying to improve it but they still haven't been able to get that board right. This is the last Samsung I'll ever buy. Note: to those with my model and the same problem. The two boards are listed on the ENCOMPASS website. They're headquartered in Atlanta but have warehouses in Chicago and Las Vegas. The Las Vegas warehouse is 20 miles from my home. There probably are other companies. Anyway, the DC92-1993A is priced at about $118. The other at about $136 i think (Was charged $194+). My total bill was $435!!. You can order both boards and replace them yourself. You can return the board you didn't use to encompass and get you money back, less I believe, a 15% stocking fee. Way cheaper then DISH. I also suggest you buy the Service Manual for your model washer. It shows how to unscrew and pop out panels to get to the boards. Pete

Patient
    Note: This is to explain what happened after I replaced the wrong control board on my 2-25 post. . The tech (from an appliance repair company) told me I replaced the wrong board. He came out and replaced a control board on top rear. Did not fix problem. Called the RI filter a capacitor and thought it may be bad. I knew it wasn't. Called him after not hearing from him. He thought it was the inverter board in the back bottom rear. Told him I was going to call DISH since this has gone on to long.
    I swapped out the control board he had put in my machine and put my board back in. Then Dish came out and fixed the problem, but very expensive.

Flexwash won't start

Okay, problem fixed. It was one of the two Display boards DC92-01992F in my case. The other board is DC92-1993A. Finally called Dish...after 3 weeks w/o a washer. Tech knew exactly where the problem was since he's seen it many times before. He swapped 1993A nothing Then swapped DC92-01992F. Walla! Then he put the old 1993A board back and still had power. Now the F at the end of the board number seems to be the 6th version of that board (A,B,C,D,E,F). Constantly trying to improve it but they still haven't been able to get that board right. This is the last Samsung I'll ever buy. Note: to those with my model and the same problem. The two boards are listed on the ENCOMPASS website. They're headquartered in Atlanta but have warehouses in Chicago and Las Vegas. The Las Vegas warehouse is 20 miles from my home. There probably are other companies. Anyway, the DC92-1993A is priced at about $118. The other at about $136 i think (Was charged $194+). My total bill was $435!!. You can order both boards and replace them yourself. You can return the board you didn't use to encompass and get you money back, less I believe, a 15% stocking fee. Way cheaper then DISH. I also suggest you buy the Service Manual for your model washer. It shows how to unscrew and pop out panels to get to the boards. Pete
    I'm trying to fix my frexwasher. The lights on the front will turn on but it won't start. I've replaced the main control dc92-01531c but the same thing happens.
    Would your washer turn on at all? Mine just displays a few lights and 14 if I turn on by the top washer. Just lights if I turn on the bottom washer.
    Thank you

Patient

Samsung makes lousy washers and Dish makes money fixing them

My washer was completely dead. No lights no nothing. Do you have any troubleshooting codes?
    Just a guess but i think one of the top two boards in front is probably defective. Order both. Instructions for accessing the front panel are on U-Tube.
    I got my board from Encompass. I'm sure there are other companies where you can get the board that may be near you. Encompass has a warehouse here in Vegas, but they do ship. I returned my board within x number of days and got all my money back. You could buy most of the boards and see which one will fix your problem then return the other ones, Lot cheaper than Dish, but if time is of the essence, the Dish guys have seen these problems before and usually can tell which one or the other of the boards is the problem and they usually have boards with them, especially when you describe the problem. Pricey $100 just to come out. then labor, board (high markup) and of course taxes. Next time I'm sticking with Whirlpool.

Patient
    Dbsimmons Let us know what was done and what the fix was when it's fixed.

Pete

Cool Samsung Flexwash (wv55m9600av) Not Turning/Staying On

The Issue I was having:

I have a Samsung Flex washer i bought in 2018 i use it once a week. Few days ago i wanted to do laundry and the washer did not turn on. I checked the power cord and outlet it seemed as they are fine. Now whats happening is that everyonce in a while the display will turn on for few seconds and turn of, but there is no chance that the washer stays on it just pops on and turns of again.

The Resolution:

The first part I ordered through Encompass (DC92-01992F) was on back order, must be the newest version, but they also carried DC92-01992E (previous version of the same board) that was in stock. I ordered the DC92-01992E on 04/03/22/2020 and had it delivered FedEx Overnight. Total cost with delivery was 126.95 for the part and 24.95 for the delivery (Total 151.90). It came today with the whole board, plastic insert and wifi module together. I connected the Right Side display to it and put the Flexwash front display back together and it powered up and is now operational. Hope this helps someone else out. I didn't see too many resolutions on this issue, except for this forum, but saw many were starting to have the same issue. Thanks and Good Luck!!

Where is the DC92-01992F located in the washer? :)

Quote Originally Posted by dphillipsjr76 View Post
    The Issue I was having:

I have a Samsung Flex washer i bought in 2018 i use it once a week. Few days ago i wanted to do laundry and the washer did not turn on. I checked the power cord and outlet it seemed as they are fine. Now whats happening is that everyonce in a while the display will turn on for few seconds and turn of, but there is no chance that the washer stays on it just pops on and turns of again.

The Resolution:

The first part I ordered through Encompass (DC92-01992F) was on back order, must be the newest version, but they also carried DC92-01992E (previous version of the same board) that was in stock. I ordered the DC92-01992E on 04/03/22/2020 and had it delivered FedEx Overnight. Total cost with delivery was 126.95 for the part and 24.95 for the delivery (Total 151.90). It came today with the whole board, plastic insert and wifi module together. I connected the Right Side display to it and put the Flexwash front display back together and it powered up and is now operational. Hope this helps someone else out. I didn't see too many resolutions on this issue, except for this forum, but saw many were starting to have the same issue. Thanks and Good Luck!!

Hello! Same exact problem here. Other than this forum (that I’m very thankful for), I haven’t been able to find anything on where the part DC92-01992F is located in my washer. I just ordered one from encompass with overnight delivery but not sure if I should take apart the back or the top of the washer. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks guys!

Patient
    See my #8 post. There is a U tube video on accessing the top panel. The two boards are behind the display.

See my #8 post. There is a U tube video on accessing the top panel. The two boards are behind the display.
    That’s what I was hoping! Thank you God bless!

EXACTLY what was wrong! Running like a top now! Very simple fix. Thanks to you guys and www.encompass.com for having the DC92-01992F in stock for $128.95 and overnight shipping for only $24.95! Back up and running!

Thanks for having this thread & info! I have a 2.5 year old WV55M9600AV/A5 02 washer that stopped mid load a few days ago, but we restarted and it worked. Next time though, the front display wouldn't light up at all. Unplug, replug, no luck, but I could hear some faint clicking coming from the back the first time I pushed the top or main washer power button, like a relay was tripping. The washer wouldn't respond and it wasn't working though.

I went to encompass and picked up that DC92-01992F (with coupon code simplyparts I think? If you sign up for emails you get the code right away). Anyway, over-nighted to me for $153 total. I popped on this youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmYoSABjvY and it took about 30 mins total since I had to put back some extra stuff I had removed from the back of the washer yesterday.

Really appreciate the site, I signed up just to let others know it helped and post the youtube link that was a quick help too.

👍👍👍 love my washer! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by dotat View Post
    Thanks for having this thread & info! I have a 2.5 year old WV55M9600AV/A5 02 washer that stopped mid load a few days ago, but we restarted and it worked. Next time though, the front display wouldn't light up at all. Unplug, replug, no luck, but I could hear some faint clicking coming from the back the first time I pushed the top or main washer power button, like a relay was tripping. The washer wouldn't respond and it wasn't working though.

I went to encompass and picked up that DC92-01992F (with coupon code simplyparts I think? If you sign up for emails you get the code right away). Anyway, over-nighted to me for $153 total. I popped on this youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzmYoSABjvY and it took about 30 mins total since I had to put back some extra stuff I had removed from the back of the washer yesterday.

Really appreciate the site, I signed up just to let others know it helped and post the youtube link that was a quick help too.

Quote Originally Posted by dotat View Post

I have the same model and the same issue!
    Too bad I didn’t see this forum before.
    I took apart the back of the Washer Machine.
    I checked all DC Power and it was ok.
    I moved on to the front panel and follow that same exact video.
    I checked for 12V incoming to the board and it was ok.
    I also hear the “clicks” and thought about the front board.
    Now I know what to do, thank you guys!
    Samsung doesn’t have tech support!?!?!? I called and they were useless.
    I’ll keep you posted.