Thread: Geeterdone

Geeterdone

Model Number: kud03ctss3
    Brand: KitchenAid

I have an issue with failure to clean the top rack in a Kitchenaid dishwasher. I have cleaned the chopper and no improvement. The top rack spray does not turn when I run the cycle. I am prepared to purchase a new circulation pump. Is there any test to do to confirm this will remedy the problem. I have also confirmed water level is at botttom of heater but no more impact on top spray arm. The bottom spray turns but not the top. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by geeterdone; 10-30-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: typo's

I think you are missing a digit in the model number. Is it supposed to be KUDS03CTSS3 ?

If the dishwasher is filling with enough water, and nothing is clogged in the pump, food chopper, or spray arms, then your problem is most likely with the circulation pump. I would also check the water supply tube that feeds the water to the middle spray arm. There is a little rubber flap that can sometimes stick open.

You can replace the circulation pump two different ways. You can buy the whole assembly, or you can buy just the pump motor. For the little bit of extra money, I recommend to replace the whole assembly. Let me know how the repair goes for you.

Pump & Motor Assembly - W10237169

Circulation Pump & Motor - W10239404
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter