Thread: Another Frigidaire problem

Another Frigidaire problem

Model Number: CFES355DS2
    Brand: Frigidaire

I have the slide-in 30" Frigidaire range. While preheating the oven, i heard a distinctive 'pop'. Reset the circuit breaker that had tripped at the main house panel. The range top elements work, the clock works, no error codes. But, neither the bake or broil elements work. The control panel indicates preheating, but no heat at all. From previous posts it sounds like the Oven Control Board? I can't find a part number for my model of range. With this 8 year old range I'm wondering if it's time for an upgrade or, if the replacement part is reasonable, I'll repair it. Also, I can't seem to find where this part is located - is it under the control panel in the very front of the range?
    Thanks in advance for any help!

From your description, it sounds like the control board is probably bad. I can't get your model number to pull up in our system. The closest model number I found is CFES355ES2, and the control board has been discontinued for that model. Yes the control board is underneath the front control panel of the range. The control board is #20 in the attached diagram.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CFES355ES2.jpg  
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Thank you for such a quick reply! From what I could see, it seemed like the control board - even if I could find one - is quite an expensive part. I've seen prices ranging from $185 to $500 for similar parts. I assume I'd have to find the exact part match to ensure the electronics would work properly?

Most of the Frigidaire control boards are in the $100-$300 range. The control board is a very specific part, so you would need to ensure the replacement is the same as the one that is in the stove. You will need to either try to source a used part, or a rebuilt one for everything to function properly.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Thanks again for the great service - much appreciated!

You're welcome! Let us know if we can help with anything else!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com