Model Number:
Brand: Brand

Model Number: CYE22USHISS
Brand: GE

Ice maker routinely makes ice, but not enough of it. For 5 yrs. my wife and I basically used the same amount of ice every day, and never ran out. Now towards the end of the day there is no more ice. With an empty bin at 9 pm, the bin in the morning is only about 50% full. I suppose this could be an actual ice maker problem, but before I pursue that…………………………………….

See the door open pic. As I understand it, freezing temp air enters the ice maker compartment via one or two of the oval gasketed ports. The ice maker takes it from there, and makes ice as fast as the water can freeze and the bin can dump.

I don’t know if this is a symptom of the problem, but the upper oval port (on the right) is not providing any air. The lower port is providing freezing temp air. If the upper port is supposed to be providing freeze temp air, then this would explain why we are not getting as much ice. So, for starters, I’m trying to figure out if the upper port should be providing freezing temp air. If it should be, what is likely cause of the problem? I’m also wondering if I’m off base and the upper port is simply an air return.

Any help with this will be appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Freezer Cold Air Supply.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	1126