Model Number:
Brand: Brand

Model Number:
Brand: Brand

Model Number: RF4289HARS
Brand: Samsung

Was having an issue with the Ice Maker or so I thought until I found the freezer is not keeping things frozen as well. Now the ice maker will only dump once upon startup or reset via the button on the side.

The temp on the display shows -6 for the freezer but when I put a thermometer in there it is really only 34 degrees, nowhere near -6.

The fridge shows 40 degrees and it is accurate and seems to functioning normally without any issues.

Things I have done/tested thus far:

• Unplugged unit for 15 minutes, plugged back in and nothing has changed.
  • Went into Engineering Mode to view the Self Diagnostics and did not see any errors.
  • Removed the back panel and Cleaned up the dust/lint around the coils.
  • Tested the ohm value on the freezer temp sensor and it appears to be working normally. Ran the diagnostics while the sensor was out and I did receive an error message about the sensor so it appears the Self Diagnostics function is working. Put the sensor back in and ran the diag again and everything was clear, no errors. Is there something else that is controlling the temp value on the screen in front? Where is that info coming from if it's not -6 in there ???
  • Ran the "Power Freeze" setting so I could hear the compressor running at full speed. Compressor is warm to the touch, not hot and the fan is running great, providing good airflow. Even with the Power Freeze option enabled the freezer only got down to about 28-30 degrees, still not enough to freeze everything rock solid. That is after running all night long, still no change.
  • Verified the fan in the freezer is working by holding down the door closed button for a few seconds, then the fan turned on and blows cold air.

Not sure what else I can do at this point ???

Any advice from anyone?

Thanks in advance