Thread: [FIXED] Samsung Dryer will not stay running

[FIXED] Samsung Dryer will not stay running

Model Number: DV210AEW
    Brand: Samsung

I have a dryer that won't stay running. I turn the selector to anything on the Sensor Dry side and it starts up and reads 44 on the display, runs for a minute, then shows 43, runs for another minute then the display shows 1, and goes into cooling mode and shuts off. If I use anything on the timed dry side it works fine. I have replaced the sensor in the drum and the wiring harness to the sensors. No fault codes are displyed. Any ideas?

How large of a load are you drying when this happens?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    How large of a load are you drying when this happens?
    Doesn't matter, it happens whether loaded or empty, small or large loads.

Have you checked the dryer or venting for any lint build up or blockages. You can also try running the dryer with the vent disconnect for a load to test if this is the problem.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

I have checked the vents for blockages. I will check running it with no vent tube on. If that doesn't work, what else could it be?

Well Doc, I took off the vent and the dryer worked fine. I took a look in the dryer tube and that is fine, no blockages. I tik a look in the exhaust tube and that looks fine. I put the tube back on and ran the dryer and it went back to what it was doing before. I am using that aluminum flexible tubing for a vent. Could that be the problem? I suppose it would be better to use solid venting, am I right?

How far is the flex vent being run? The flex venting is only supposed to be used for short distances. Anything more than 3-4ft should be solid venting. Also the fewer bends and turns the vent has to make, the better. Did you also check the vent cover on the outside of the house?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Hi doc, I did go and buy a solid pipe and threw away the slinky style and the dryer seems to be running fine now. Let me ask you this, the reason it was shutting off is because it was getting too warm and kicking out because of the heat building up?
    Thank you for all your help. I was on another forum site and cost me 40.00 and never got an answer. I should have come here first.

Yes, if the dryer isn't venting properly it will not allow the heat to escape and it can cause the dryer to act funny. I am glad it was an easy fix, and it didn't cost you anything for an answer. Check back with us in the future if you ever need an replacement parts for your appliances!
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Samsung dryer won't stay running

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Ryan View Post
    Yes, if the dryer isn't venting properly it will not allow the heat to escape and it can cause the dryer to act funny. I am glad it was an easy fix, and it didn't cost you anything for an answer. Check back with us in the future if you ever need an replacement parts for your appliances!
    Mine keeps turning off no matter the setting after 4 minutes. Checked lent trap and venting. No blockages. Just started yesterday after 3 loads. Other suggestions?

Having the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by nku08 View Post
    Mine keeps turning off no matter the setting after 4 minutes. Checked lent trap and venting. No blockages. Just started yesterday after 3 loads. Other suggestions?
    I also have tried to run the machine without the aluminum in the back with no Success, mine was purchased in 2015 and just started doing that for the last 2 days. Any other hints would be greatly appreciated!

I'm having a very similar problem. I had to replace the heating element a year and a half ago. About 3 months ago it stopped working on the auto dry cycle. I cleaned the vent and it helped but stopped again. It worked fine until 4 weeks ago. I could still dry on the timed cycle but slowly started taking forever to dry. Today the heating element stopped working. I replaced the entire element, housing and all and even the two stats mounted on the housing. Cleaned out the entire dryer, which wasn't too bad. Decided to try auto cycle without connecting the exhaust vent. It ran for a couple minutes then dropped to a minute and shut off after cooling down. It did heat up. Getting very frustrated. I replaced the moisture sensors when this started 3 months ago too but that didn't help. Not sure where to go from here
    Last edited by John.Cox; 09-21-2018 at 06:16 PM.

Doc
    John.Cox

What is your model number.

You tried auto after the cleanup but did you try timed dry?

Please help!!
    I have the exact same problem with my DV45K6200EW/A3
    It will run on the timed dry but not with the sensor dry. In sensor mode it runs for 4 minutes then goes to 1 and shuts off prematurely.
    I changed the sensors and cleaned any lint out of the heat chamber but still have the same result.
    I've also run it without the flexduct attached and same thing, runs on timed but not sensor dry.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.