Thread: Samsung dryer not heating

Samsung dryer not heating

Model Number: DV45H7000EW/A2
    Brand: Samsung

Samsung dryer stopped heating. I replaced the heating element and turned it on and it was heating. Did a load of laundry and it was heating when I turned it on at first. Then it suddenly went from 42 min to 22 min on the timer and then the heat stopped again. What would cause this to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by nicole88 View Post
    Model Number: DV45H7000EW/A2
    Brand: Samsung

Samsung dryer stopped heating. I replaced the heating element and turned it on and it was heating. Did a load of laundry and it was heating when I turned it on at first. Then it suddenly went from 42 min to 22 min on the timer and then the heat stopped again. What would cause this to happen?
    Beyond frustrating! On Day 8 of the same issue with DV50F9A6EVW. I am going to ramble here, because that is basically how this process has gone...

Started out just replacing all thermostats, thermistor and heating element. Heated first cycle, then no more heat. Ordered replacement to the replacement parts, same thing.

I then learned about and ran a blockage test and get a CLg error code, but there are no clogs in the system. The line to outside is only 2 feet long so I have checked inside and outside the dryer thoroughly.

I then focused in on the Thermal Cut-Off Fuse on the heating element as it broke (failed continuity test) twice, but then even when I bypass it, the heating element will only stay on for 1 cycle before shutting off to never come back on again till I tear apart and try something new. I am now on the 4th try of taking apart and putting together with new parts or switched parts, and each time, the heating element works for 1 cycle and stops. Dryer then keeps running and running and running. Turning off the breaker and letting it sit over night did nothing either. Continuity and ohm tests indicate nothing else is grounded or broken.

I'm at my wits end.. I have ordered a new control board (relay switch) and a new motor (centrifugal switch), and am just going to replace everything.

My questions to the forum...

- If the centrifugal switch on the motor is bad, will the heating element even turn on 1 (the first) time?

- Does belt switch reset the system, or error codes or anything?

- What sensor/thermostat trips the Clg error code?

- Is it possible the control board resets when I take it apart, eliminating the CLg error code, starts running and heating, and then mistakenly trips the error code again shutting down the heating element?

Whew. Answers would be great, but this therapy session has also been helpful.

Replaced the Control Board and the Motor and dryer is back to working like a champ. My best guess is the relay switch had gone bad, resulting in the CLg error code, and kept tripping the Thermal Cut-Off Fuse which was the 1st (or last) in line wired directly back to the control board.

So... if you have a Clg error code, and can't find the clog, and your Thermal Cut-Off Fuse keeps blowing, replace the Control Board.

Was very frustrating to deal with but all is well.