Thread: Samsung dryer has no heat: faulty heating element and melted wiring harness

Samsung dryer has no heat: faulty heating element and melted wiring harness

Model Number: DV448AEPXAC
    Brand: Samsung

Hey,

So I scrolled through the threads with Samsung dryers and got confused. Is it because Samsung sells more dryers than other brands or something is very wrong with Samsung ones?

2 months ago my dryer stopped generating heat after 4 years of work. Nothing has changed. No visible lint issue. It was working just no heat. I googled what to look for and checked the heating element. It looked black so I replaced it with a part from Amazon. It worked a month and dropped the ball. I did the whole replacement thing again in addition to thermostat and sent faulty part to Amazon. Yesterday it stopped working again. I disassembled it and this time saw wiring harness leading to thermostatmelted. Thats why it stopped working. I wonder should I replace just the harness or something else like thermostat, heat ing element, etc in order to prevent wires meltdiwn?

Pictures are attached

Also how do I find the part number for this harness? Is there a technical manual online with part numbers?

Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0112201652.jpg   0112201649.jpg   0112201645.jpg  

We have almost the exact same issue. Poor connections might be causing the wires to melt? Not sure how to make the connections any better though when the “snap” into place. We replaced element only then it broke, then replaced whole apparatus then the fuse went out. I put working fuse from original apparatus on and working again but noticed 2 wires had gone black and melted (I replaced from original part). I just don’t know where else to look to see what’s causing this. Unit is cleaned out as well as house vent. Help!