Thread: LG Dishwasher Guide Assembly Leak

LG Dishwasher Guide Assembly Leak

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: LDT7808ST
    Brand: LG

The water guide has a leak in the rubber connection under the lower spray arm. I am looking for instructions on how to remove the spray arm and replace the water guide. Its not the conventional type that pops off. The water guide part number is: AEC75117404

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by cldebellis View Post
    Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: LDT7808ST
    Brand: LG

The water guide has a leak in the rubber connection under the lower spray arm. I am looking for instructions on how to remove the spray arm and replace the water guide. Its not the conventional type that pops off. The water guide part number is: AEC75117404

Thank You
    Hi there. Did you ever fix this? My LDT7808ST has the exact same problem, and it seems to be causing all sorts of issues from the detergent pod not dispensing to random shut downs. Are you having any issues with your unit? From what I can tell, the part is removed by removing the spray head on the very top (by taking out a set screw, it appears). The bottom spray arm looks like it's also installed with set screws. If you take out both spray arms, there is a metal bracket on the top that should disconnect from plastic clips on the water guide. Then it should just come out of the bottom. If you did complete the repair, is that the proper method? Did it fix the problems?

Also, there seem to be two part numbers for the same location that would work for this model - AEC75117404 or AEC75117401. Which did you get?

Thanks!

The water guide just snaps into place. I used my phone to get a closer look around the side of the connection. The new guide works great. The washer works better than ever.

The water guide just snaps into place. I used my phone to get a closer look around the side of the connection. The new guide works great. The washer works better than ever.
    So the part you got was the one you posted - AEC75117404? What problems were you having before you fixed it? Thanks!

Yes,

The rubber inlet tubing was never installed correctly and the spray arm wore a hole in it.

I just want to follow up on this for you and anyone else that may come across it with the same issue.

The water guide doesn't just snap into place. If you remove the bottom spray arm assembly (one phillips screw on each side, it comes out as a unit), there is a little clamp that holds the rubber gasket in place. You have to uncrew it and place the metal piece over the tab on the gasket. I noticed that tab on the removed guide after I had put the new one in. I figured it had to be to something, even just stuck into a slot. But sure enough, when I pulled off the spray arm, there was the little clamp piece. It looks like on this new part they made the tab on the gasket larger and added a ridge to one end. What likely caused our issue was that the small tab on the old gasket worked its way loose sideways from under the clamp. This bigger tab with the stopping ridge will keep that from happening. So if you didn't install that clamp, you are going to have the same issue as before since the water pressure will eventually lift the gasket.
    Last edited by Raven25; 06-23-2020 at 11:51 AM.

Where was the water leaking from?