Thread: Dryer won't restart when hot

Dryer won't restart when hot

Model Number: duet
    Brand: Whirlpool

My Whirlpool Duet electric dryer runs fine when cool but when I try to start a second load it won't start. It needs to cool off for a bit before it will run again. I have had this problem for a while now and have cleaned out the vent line, its only 3 ft long. I have torn apart the dryer and cleaned out everything with an air compressor, I have replaced virtually every sensor and switch and the circuit board and the belt and it still does it. If you open the door and hold down the kill switch and push the drum as you push the start button it starts right up but just doesn't have the power to do so on it's own when hot. What am I missing?

Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by ABX131 View Post
    Model Number: duet
    Brand: Whirlpool

My Whirlpool Duet electric dryer runs fine when cool but when I try to start a second load it won't start. It needs to cool off for a bit before it will run again. I have had this problem for a while now and have cleaned out the vent line, its only 3 ft long. I have torn apart the dryer and cleaned out everything with an air compressor, I have replaced virtually every sensor and switch and the circuit board and the belt and it still does it. If you open the door and hold down the kill switch and push the drum as you push the start button it starts right up but just doesn't have the power to do so on it's own when hot. What am I missing?
    Here are a few things to check if your dryer is not working.

Drive Belt: The motor moves the drive belt which moves the tub. The motor moves the belt and the belt turns the transmission pulley for the agitation and spin cycles. The belt may become loose on pulleys, which makes it hard for the tub to spin. If the belt is warn I suggest replacing it.

Drum Rollers/Glides: The dryer drum on most models rests and spins on a set of rollers and/or drum glides.

Drive Motor/ Idler Pulley: If the motor won’t start, it may be defective.

Get professional help here: https://www.homeappliancerepairconcord.com