Thread: Condenser Fan test

Condenser Fan test

Model Number: Rf261beaesr/aa
    Brand: Samsung

Hi.
    I am new to this. I inherited a 5 year old samsung RF261BEAESR/AA. It is cooling, but not as well as it should. The display shows 34, but it is at 40 degrees. Verified it with 2 thermometers. I pulled the cover off the bottom rear. The fan is not running, but everything else is running. The fan blades spin freely. Is this fan supposed to be on or does it only come on when it gets warm enough? Any way to force it on so I can make sure its functional?

Thanks for any help!!

I would like to chime in with a similar problem. Samsung model RF23R6201SR. This is a french door model and the plastic divider between the doors started getting very hot (also the sides). The water dispenser water was also not cold anymore. I cleaned the condenser coils but also noticed the condenser fan never ran. I checked voltage at the plug for the fan and got about 6V (12V motor but maybe it has 2 speeds?). It seemed a little less hot after cleaning the coils but after much watching, I never saw the condenser fan run. I replaced the condenser fan and the fan still doesn't run. I opened the panel with the control board and the red LED light was not blinking. I'm starting to wonder if this fan doesn't always run when the compressor is on since it has a linear compressor and the compressor runs all the time. If anyone understands these newer fridges, I would appreciate knowing whether I should worry or not.

Condenser fan - ambient temperature sensor

Quote Originally Posted by acanion View Post
    I would like to chime in with a similar problem. Samsung model RF23R6201SR. This is a french door model and the plastic divider between the doors started getting very hot (also the sides). The water dispenser water was also not cold anymore. I cleaned the condenser coils but also noticed the condenser fan never ran. I checked voltage at the plug for the fan and got about 6V (12V motor but maybe it has 2 speeds?). It seemed a little less hot after cleaning the coils but after much watching, I never saw the condenser fan run. I replaced the condenser fan and the fan still doesn't run. I opened the panel with the control board and the red LED light was not blinking. I'm starting to wonder if this fan doesn't always run when the compressor is on since it has a linear compressor and the compressor runs all the time. If anyone understands these newer fridges, I would appreciate knowing whether I should worry or not.
    Quick follow up - tech came by today and diagnosed that it was the ambient temperature sensor. It was keeping the condenser fan from running. When he removed it the fan ran again. It's out for now but now I need to order a replacement to make the error codes go away. I can't seem to find the part number though.

Patient
    This is very informative information for me