Thread: Samsung French door 28 cu. ft. Refrigerator cooling problem

Samsung French door 28 cu. ft. Refrigerator cooling problem

Model Number: RF28HDEDTSR/AA
    Brand: Samsung

Hello all. Last night the fridge portion of the appliance stopped cooling. The freezer was still working fine. Error codes 8E/22E and 40E displayed on the diagnostic. I removed the contents and the evaporator cover from the back interior wall to find that there was a lot of ice around the top evaporator tubing/surrounding the fan area. I’ve defrosted the area with a hair dryer and reassembled it. The fan does turn on now when the doors are shut. Overnight, the unit cooled back down, so we re-loaded it this morning. I suspect that the heating element that surrounds the evaporator coils likely needs replacement. For anyone with a similar experience, do you think that I should replace the temperature sensor as well, since I’m going to have to access the same area? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks for your time.

I thought I had a thermometer problem and replaced it but it didn't help. Check out DA82-01415A......it seems to be an admission that Samsung did not make the refrigerator correctly the first time.

I also have higher temps in the refrigerator when the evaporator ices up. the fan also grates against ice and sometimes there is ice build up under the crisper when the drain holes below evaporator freezes.

So many problems...... I posted a long answer in this forum you might want to check too.