Thread: Whirlpool Cabrio standing water in tub

Whirlpool Cabrio standing water in tub

Model Number: WTW7340XW2
    Brand: Whirlpool

Our Whirlpool Cabrio washer is experiencing 2 issues. One is standing water in the tub. It is not visible but can be heard sloshing if you push the tub side to side and it can be smelled, has a standing dirty water smell. We are also experiencing residue on our clothing after the wash. Reaching out to Whirlpool support chat they recommend running a cleaning cycle every 30 loads, which we have not done that frequently. That, I suppose, will correct the smelly issues. They also said that standing water is normal in the tub walls to aid in the balance of the machine. Do those explanations sound correct? I ran just a rinse and drain cycle to see if the standing water would come out, without adding any rinse water, but it didn’t and the agitation just made the smell worse. The drain hose is only 3 or 4 inches into the stand pipe so that is not the issue. I blew through the drain hose and it was clear, could hear the standing water gurgling as I blew. I also sucked on the hose to see if I could move the water. Seemed it did suck into the drain hose but not enough that I could pull it out. Just for the hell of it, I tried blowing into the hose while I know the pump was in the draining cycle and I did get resistance. So I am wondering if any body has had similar experiences and has any suggestions. Will do the cleaning cycle today to see if it helps with the smell. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Wmimihail; 04-18-2020 at 05:41 AM.