Model Number: MGR8700DS02
Brand: Maytag

Hi All,

I've been tryint to get my oven working for a few weeks... and failing. The issue started months back. We would try to bake something and it would preheat with no problems. Half way through actually baking, however, it would just shut off. We don't bake a lot so it was like that for a good 3 months. Then, about 6 weeks ago, the bake function just stopped working. At first, broil still worked, and when I tried the bake function, the top burner would light, but not the bottom. I replaced the bake igniter (it's the spark plug like type), no joy. But I did notice that the burner tube actually tried to light. I could see the flame go about half way up the tube and then it just went out. So, I replaced the burner tube. Still nothing. And now... the broil function doesn't work either. The stove burners all work fine. I'd like to throw an axe at the thing, to be honest. But instead, I'm here, hoping someone can help.

Any thoughts? I can provide pictures and part numbers. I just don't really know where to go from here.

Thanks all,
Scottie