Thread: replaced ice dispenser auger motor, still does not run

replaced ice dispenser auger motor, still does not run

Model Number: 50594003
    Brand: Sears Kenmore

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some help. About 9 months ago our ice dispenser suddenly stopped working. No sound, no ice dispense, nothing. I finally got around to getting a replacement auger motor. I installed it tonight and when I went to test it...nothing. Motor does not run, hum, make any noise. Are there any fuses or circuit breakers inside the fridge/freezer that I can check? The water still dispenses (but leaks from underneath the fridge/filter area which is a totally separate problem) and the light for the dispensing area still works and the indicator light for "dispenser on/off", "crush/cube" still work. I was going to try to test the electrical connector that connects to the auger motor but my meter probes are too fat. They won't fit into the plug tha plugs into the auger motor. Any ideas for further help?

same situation i have samsung french door fridge which stopped DISPENSING ice. everything else works like they should. I called a technician who hinted that it might be the auger motor that may be problem and he said it happens time to time. so I ordered augor motor and replaced it but the same result.

Quote Originally Posted by tub79558 View Post
    same situation i have samsung french door fridge which stopped DISPENSING ice. everything else works like they should. I called a technician who hinted that it might be the auger motor that may be problem and he said it happens time to time. so I ordered augor motor and replaced it but the same result.
    Now I'm thinking power is not getting to the auger motor. It could be the switch on the dispenser, the power cable to the motor or the circuit board that powers the motor. Need more help to diagnose these. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by gregrph View Post
    Now I'm thinking power is not getting to the auger motor. It could be the switch on the dispenser, the power cable to the motor or the circuit board that powers the motor. Need more help to diagnose these. Anyone?
    mine started to work for some reason. Just like I said before, I replaced the augor motor and it did not work. however after 2 weeks or so with no hope, I heard a thud from my fridge and it started dispensing ice again. I dont know what caused it.