Model Number: LMXC23746S
Brand: LG

Long story short. Bought this fridge as not working from someone for $100 in hopes that I could learn how to repair a fridge and if successful I could use it. I have very basic HVAC knowledge and experience from replacing car compressors and refilling refrigerant. The story from the owner was that the compressor was replaced 2 or 3 times with the final time the compressor only lasting overnight? before lg finally gave up and gave him a partial refund.

What I noticed after taking home the unit and waiting a day before turning it on was that the compressor and condenser fan were running but the fan inside the fridge was not. Even with the compressor running the liquid line was not getting warm. I understand that there have been problems with the old compressors on these models but this one was replaced with the newer model and the pcb has been updated with the newer firmware (as noted on the sticker).

I am trying to figure out what's wrong here. If the compressor really did fail again or if there is maybe a leak in the system. But if all the refrigerant did leak out then wouldn't the compressor not kick on? (This is the part where I have no clue what I'm doing) I have hooked a low side guage up to the service port that luckily was left my the technician to try and see if there was maybe suction on the low side but the needle stayed just above half a psi and went down to 0 when the compressor kicked on. Any ideas?