Thread: Ge hotpoint refridgerator

Ge hotpoint refridgerator

Model Number: HSS25GFPA
    Brand: GE

My fridge was not cooling and freezer was icing up. First I replaced thermostat,then I replaced the heater and finally I replaced the control board WR55X10942 and my refrigerator still does not work.
    In the instruction sheet it does not list my model which requires cutting the white wire in the second pin. Do you know if I need to cut the white wire which is in the second pin.

Thanks

Did you manually defrost the freezer after replacing those components? The freezer can't catch back up on its own if it is having an automatic defrost problem. There is also a 4th defrost component that can cause it not to go through the defrost cycle, it is the thermistor part number WR55X10025. It is clipped onto the top of the evaporator coil in the freezer. We recommend to replace this part any time you are having a defrost problem on this type of refrigerator. Let me know what you find.

Temperature Sensor (Thermistor) - WR55X10025
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter