Thread: Kenmore Elite Dryer High Limit Fuse Issue

Kenmore Elite Dryer High Limit Fuse Issue

Model Number: 11062932100
    Brand: Other

Background: had the unit for 10+ years, but got it used after our 12 year old prior Kenmore bit the dust. So, after 10 years of use beyond our used purchase I'm not surprised when the heating element goes bad. Order a kit with heating element, thermostat and the two thermal fuses. Flip it on and it works but then shuts off within about 45-60 sec. Reset the high limit fuse using the trick where you firmly "slam" it onto a hard surface and try it with the dryer disconnected from the vent to the outside. Seems to work for quite a few minutes. Order a new thermistor just in case and install that, then clean out the dryer vent (tons of lint and not surprised if it is overheating from a lack of airflow) so I figure that's it. Hook it back up and seems to be ok but high limit fuse blows again.

Tonight I plan on trying to dry a full load with the back of the dryer connected only to an inside the house filter unit I picked up at Lowes (which keeps all the hot exhaust in the room). If that does not work what else could it be that would possibly have the heating element not cycling down soon enough to avoid the high limit fuse blowing?

Jason

Im having a similar problem if not the exact problem.

Kenmore Elite (Electric) Dryer
    Model #: 110.66942501

I have replaced the
    Thermal Fuse
    Heat Element
    Both Thermal cut off components (mounted on heating element)
    Dryer Cycle Thermostat (mounted on blower unit)
    Today I thoroughly cleaned the venting. It is over 15 feet long so i took it apart to make sure i was getting it cleaned.

I dont know what to try next. Im at a loss.