Thread: Whirlpool Dishwasher WDF520PADM0 won't clean dishes and sanitize light blinks at end

Question Whirlpool Dishwasher WDF520PADM0 won't clean dishes and sanitize light blinks at end

Model Number: WDF520PADM0
    Brand: Brand

Hoping the brain trust can help me because I'm ready to go office space on this dishwasher...
    5 year old Whirlpool dishwasher that came with the house. A couple weeks ago it started not getting dishes clean and would blink the sanitized light at the end of the cycle.
    Did a diagnostic cycle and came back error code in the 7 series, heating circuit problems. Checked resistance across the element and it was fine (13 ohms). Other suspect parts were the inlet, OWI, and hi-temp thermostat. They were all pretty cheap parts so I replaced them. Did a diagnostic and calibration cycle after the OWI. Still having the issue, but now showing error code 3-4 (something with the OWI sensor and circuit).
    Thought it might be something with the control board so ordered one of those - still having the same issue (shows a 3-1 error code now...)
    The new OWI tests good with 43K Ohms between the 4/6 pins at room temperature, but I thought maybe I got a bad OWI so installed a second new one and still having same issues.

Also, I tested resistance across drain motor and it reads 40 ohms, which is slightly high but it still seems to drain well and evacuate all the water and leave a little bit in the sump, which I believe is what it is supposed to do... should I try a new drain? I'm gonna have a new dishwasher by the time this is done! Of note, I also tested for shorts in all the OWI wiring, thinking the wiring might have gone bad but all pins have continuity and no connections to ground.

My other thought is maybe I got a bad replacement control board? Tub seems to fill fine, incoming temps are fine, I can hear wash motor running and see water spraying out of arms and them moving.

Is there anything else that I'm missing that could possibly be causing this to happen? I'm about at my wits end and ready to go buy a new dishwasher but don't want to do that if it's a simple/cheap fix but pretty frustrated by now! I'm about to just get a new one and part out the old dishwasher on eBay! Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rdcook89; 06-08-2020 at 06:27 AM.