Thread: GE Ice Maker over fills or leaks and runs behind the back wall freezes on the fan bla

GE Ice Maker over fills or leaks and runs behind the back wall freezes on the fan bla

Model Number: PSS26MSTA SS
    Brand: GE

ice maker will work but after about 24 hours the fan blades behind the wall start making a loud noise which i feel sure is an ice build up on the blades. is their an adjustment for the water filling of the ice tray. i feel it is over filling or leaking when filling . would replaceing the ice maker fix the problem. the reason i ask i had a repair man come in he said he replaced the ice maker, which i dont think he did because i still have the problem. Im sure I was scamed .
    Last edited by fisherman; 11-23-2012 at 08:10 AM.

I would uplug your refrigerator and remove your ice maker from the refrigerator, and fill it up with water and let it sit for a while to see if it is the ice maker that is leaking water or not. You could have a bad ice maker, bad water valve, or the fill tube that feeds the ice maker could be leaking. The new replacement ice maker for your refrigerator has a water fill adjustment, but some of the older ones do not. If yours has it, it is located behind a small cover above the on/off switch. I would not recommend messing with this adjustment right away, because if the ice maker used to work okay and the water pressure to the refrigerator hasn't changed, then something else is probably causing your problem. If water is dripping/leaking into the freezer while it is unplugged, then you have a bad water valve. Let me know what you find.

These are the parts for your refrigerator:

Ice Maker Assembly - Part # PD00000998 (mfg # WR30X10093)

Water Inlet Valve - Part # PD00001042 (mfg # WR57X10032)
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter