Thread: Samsung dryer runs for 3 min and shuts off

Samsung dryer runs for 3 min and shuts off

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: Samsung dv48h7400EW/A2
    Brand: Samsung

My Samsung Dryer (Samsung dv48h7400EW/A2) will run for exactly 2 min (no matter what time or setting I have it set on -sensor or timed dry) then go down to 1 min and turn off. I have seen answers to clean the sensor but of it happens on timed dry then the sensor shouldn’t be a problem. Also, we just moved into the house so all the lint was recently cleaned out and a new vent outlet pipe bought within the last month. Any suggestions would be welcome as I doubt Samsung service will give me any good answers. Thanks!

I'm far from a repairman, but my Samsung dryer had similar problems. Mine would randomly turn off after a few minutes and sometimes the buttons/dial wouldn't work. I replaced the control board for the front panel and that seemed to fix my problems. There are two control boards, one inside by the drum that controls everything, then another that is essentially the control pad. Like I said, I'm far from a repairman, but it sounds like yours is close to the same problem I had.

**Fixed**

Used a volt meter on the ohms setting to check the fuse and the heating element. Turns out the heating element was bad. Replaced it an dryer now works like a charm. This dryer must have a setting that if it is not heating after 2 min it goes into cool down/shut off mode (my previous dryers just kept turning even when there was no heat so I knew it was the heating element when I checked the clothes and they weren’t dry). Hope this helps someone else in the future.