Thread: Samsung DV42H5600EW/A3 Control Board Issues

Exclamation Samsung DV42H5600EW/A3 Control Board Issues

Model Number: DV42H5600EW/A3
    Brand: Samsung

I have had a Samsung DV42H5600EW/A3 dryer for about 5 years now, and started having a problem last week. I believe one of the control boards is going bad, but I'm not sure which one I need to replace.

Last week I went to use the dryer, and I could not turn it on. No buttons, including the power button, worked. I opened the door and the light came on, so I knew there was still power. I unplugged it for a few minutes and plugged it back in, and the display immediately came on when I plugged it in. I was unable to adjust any settings on it, and the only button that worked was the Start button. The dryer ran fine, I just couldn't change any settings. The next load of laundry was the exact same problem. Had to unplug and plug it back in, and could only use the start button on the same setting. Tonight, I went to use it, hit the power button, and it turned right on. I was able to adjust the settings and hit Start, and it worked like a champ for a couple minutes before turning itself off. I unplugged it again, plugged it in, and all the buttons worked and it ran a full cycle no problem. Next load, again had to unplug and plug back in, so far it's running normal this cycle.

So I'm pretty certain one of the control boards needs to be replaced, but I'm not sure which one and don't want to spend an extra $175 if I don't have to. I have found these two different control boards.
    Main Control Board https://www.partswarehouse.com/Samsu...c92-00669w.htm
    Control Board behind display https://www.partswarehouse.com/Samsu...c92-01607c.htm

Is there any way to test so I buy the right one the first time?

Just a quick update, today the dryer started randomly turning itself on and off. It never actually started a drying cycle, but the display would turn on, then back off a minute later on its own. I was unable to change any settings when it turned itself on. The dryer is now unplugged.

Quote Originally Posted by mfk5331 View Post
    Just a quick update, today the dryer started randomly turning itself on and off. It never actually started a drying cycle, but the display would turn on, then back off a minute later on its own. I was unable to change any settings when it turned itself on. The dryer is now unplugged.
    Following this thread... same exact issue i have with my samsung dryer.. i went through the same process..
    Now, every time i plug it in. Drum light turns on and the control display board will not turn on..

I did ordered a new main pcb board thought that it was the problem.. replaced it and still the same issue..

I ended up replacing both. First the main pcb, which didn't fix the problem. After that I replaced the display pcb, everything worked like normal. I figure now pretty much all electronics on my dryer have been replaced, hopefully it should be good for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mfk5331 View Post
    I ended up replacing both. First the main pcb, which didn't fix the problem. After that I replaced the display pcb, everything worked like normal. I figure now pretty much all electronics on my dryer have been replaced, hopefully it should be good for a long time.

Looks like i need to replace the control display board..

Where did u buy the parts?