Model Number:
Brand: Brand

Model Number: 11081375830
Brand: Sears Kenmore

My 24" wide, 3.7(?) cu ft, 1984 (or 1974?) Kenmore heavy duty plus (Maytag) washer stopped spinning. It would agitate, but whine rather than spin. When it did spin a bit, it shook and sounded terrible, then again seized up and whined. I am hard constrained to 24" width and limited depth, and no new machines with similar capacity fit, so I set to fixing the generally trusty old one. Many hours in, I find that the base of the transmission shaft has play relative to its body, with the tip moving ~6 mm. Externally, the transmission looks like a wp 3360629, but internally, it does not have the same neutral drain assembly, yet (when it was working) it did pause to drain before spinning. Perhaps it is a very early neutral drain model. Partsdr says wp3360629 fits my machine. "Heidi" at Appliancepartspros says I need a wp385889, which no longer can be found, and suggested junking the machine. I have the transmission apart and cleaned, and it is largely identical to the wp3360629. Does anyone know if I can, indeed, swap in a wp3360629? Can I use 3360629 parts to rebuild this one? The very bottom of the drive shaft wiggles considerably, allowing the whole shaft to wiggle quite a bit when it is assembled. I don't think that this is normal. I am still at the point where I can return the bearing and seal kit and the basket drive, but near "the point of no return".