Thread: maytag neptune problems!

maytag neptune problems!

Model Number: mah4000aw
    Brand: Maytag

Im going to try to explain this the best I can so bare with me! My parents bought a used Neptune washer and has worked great (except for the loud jet engine sound) until a week ago! It first started when the water kept running after cycles and they had to turn the water off to get it to stop! So I replaced the 4 coil-water valve thinking that was the problem! It fixed the water running continues, but another problem arose! Now it keeps filling and will not drain (bailing water out of it is not fun) and at the same time it gets to certain cycles and turns itself off! I have been researching, trying to find the problem, but now I am to the point of hitting it with a hammer! Is it the pump? Is it a pressure switch? Is it a air dome hose? Could I have did something to it when I fixed it? PLEASE HELP?

It sounds like you might have multiple different problems. At what part of the cycle did it sound like a jet engine?
    Ryan

PartsDr.com
    - Discount Appliance Parts & Accessories

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

Check out our Repair Videos on Youtube

"Like" Parts Dr on Facebook

Follow Parts Dr on Twitter

Not for sure exactly! Only heard a couple of times, but I think it was in the spin cycle!

The jet engine sound is most likely the rear bearing that is bad. That is a difficult and expensive repair. If the washer was filling up and draining the water okay before you replace the water inlet valve, then I would double check everything that you did. Make sure the pressure switch hose didn't get pinched or kinked. If the rear bearing in the washer is bad enough, then water could be leaking out the rear of the washer and causing issues if the water is getting onto electrical components.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com

Please help keep our repair forum FREE by purchasing your replacement parts from our online store. Thank you for your support.

There is no water leaking for now. The housing is dry and does not have any sighns of it leaking either. Ware is the pressure switch hose located and could the pump be plugged, not letting it drain? If so would that keep the water going and the machine to shut off? When the machine shuts off then the water stops!

Alright now! I got the washer to drain but now it is only running hot water and wont stop filling unless the machine is off or I turn the water off!! I replaced the water valve assembly but now have no cold water! What the heck is going on??

What was causing your draining problem? Did you double check to make sure your hoses and wires are all hooked up correctly to the new water valve? Make sure you don't have the hot and cold hoses switched around.
    Ryan

PartsDr.com