Thread: Will replacing main board help?

Patient

Will replacing main board help?

Model Number: pfsf6pkxabb
    Brand: GE

I've got a GE french door fridge, model pfsf6pkxabb. The water filter bracket seems to be failing as it's not dispensing water reliably. If I remove/replace the filter it'll work for a little while, but then chatter and stop. From what I've learned it's the tiny little tab up inside the filter that's failed, thus needing a replacement of the whole bracket.

The board shows version 2.02 on the right chip, 2.10 on the left chip. I gather there's no way to upgrade the board without replacing it entirely?

Will a new board have any effect on the ice maker? I replaced the original a while back with a Samsung and that worked for a while. But eventually it can't properly eject the ice and gets stuck trying to turn the comb.

That and periodically the defrost cycle seems to melt enough water to overwhelm the drain and the water pools under the tray.

I can replace both the board and the bracket, but would rather not waste the $200 if the board won't help.
    Last edited by wkearney99; 01-03-2021 at 07:07 PM.

Better contact the brand or get it to a local repair shop.

Patient
    That's kinda useless generic advice, it doesn't help here, nor in the other threads you've posted it. If you have something specific to add, please do so, it'd be welcome. If not, don't post for the sake of posting.