Thread: A bearing-like part was loose inside my Samsung dryer. Blew thermal fuses too

A bearing-like part was loose inside my Samsung dryer. Blew thermal fuses too

Model Number: DV419AEW/XAA
    Brand: Samsung

Hello, I have a Samsung DV419AEW/XAA dryer that's almost 10 years old. It blew the thermal fuse and I replaced it with parts I bought online. It blew a second thermal fuse and thermistor that are both mounted on the heating element assembly. I replaced them both. It stopped working again. When I opened it, the drum belt was broken and also the thermal fuse on the heater assembly is blown again. I'm going to replace the belt of course, but for the thermal fuse - should I just replace it or should I do something different this time? I'm thinking of calling a dryer vent cleaning company and I'm not sure what else to do.

The two parts on the blower motor housing - I guess they are also a thermal fuse and thermistor - seem to be OK. One of them (fuse?) shows continuity, and the other (thermistor?) that doesn't beep on the continuity test shows a resistance of around 10.8 kOhm.

There was also a loose part - it looks like a bearing of some kind. I removed the front bulkhead and the drum and looked to see where it might fit and I can't even tell if it belongs anywhere. Picture attached - I put my safety glasses next to it for scale. Can anyone identify this part and tell me where it would fit, please. I did replace a broken drum roller wheel the first time I opened it up - did it come off it?

Thanks folks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0071.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	1033
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0072.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	1034
    Last edited by tron; 06-07-2021 at 10:19 PM.