Thread: Samsung Front Load Dryer - Loud Electrical Hum when starts then quiet

Samsung Front Load Dryer - Loud Electrical Hum when starts then quiet

Model Number:
    Brand: Brand

Model Number: DV42H5200EWA3
    Brand: Samsung

Greetings - This is a stacked front load dryer that when you start it with wet clothes, the motor seems to give off a very loud hum like it is straining. It is not grinding or a scraping issue. After a few minutes, the hum gets quieter. When the dryer is empty, the dryer is quiet. I believe it might be a drive motor starting to go bad, but before I take the unit apart and replace it, I figured I would confirm with some of the experts on here that it might not be something else.

Here is a 5 second video on YouTube where you can hear the loud hum once it starts -

Here is the dryer about 5 minutes later and how much quieter it dropped to - https://youtube.com/shorts/3e9R99I31uY

Thanks in advance.

As an update for anyone who ever has a similar issue, I ordered a replacement motor, belt and idler pulley from Amazon for around $100. Issue is resolved.

Same issue with me. I call a technician and he repairs the motor. At this time, the motor works very well and the technician took was big money as a mepco bills from me. After 3 days motor creates an issue again. After this, I purchased a new motor. Now I saw this video. this is very helpful. Thanks for sharing.