Thread: Samsung Flex drawer wiring harness

Question Samsung Flex drawer wiring harness

Model Number: RF28HMEDBSR/AA
    Brand: Samsung

This 4 door unit has a "flex zone" drawer with a control panel in the top edge or the moving drawer such that the wiring to it runs thru the side rail and then must flex each time the drawer is opened. The wiring is made of 8 or so tiny solid copper wires and guess what? It fails! I can source the parts, and I can remove the drawer and side rail to access some of the harness, but then it seems to go inside the cabinet and to the control board located under a panel in the rear of the unit. Question is: How do I need to access the harness to R&R it?

I hope you've gotten this fixed by now, but in case you haven't I'll post this here. I had this same issue about 9 months ago, but there are YouTube videos that show you how to remove the wiring harness that's damaged. There are 2 wiring harness connectors inside the drawer unit so you don't have to access anything that's not in the flex zone drawer. You just have to remove the front panel to access the harness completely. Once you know how to do it, it only that's 20-30 minutes to replace the harness.

Quote Originally Posted by dwin View Post
    I hope you've gotten this fixed by now, but in case you haven't I'll post this here. I had this same issue about 9 months ago, but there are YouTube videos that show you how to remove the wiring harness that's damaged. There are 2 wiring harness connectors inside the drawer unit so you don't have to access anything that's not in the flex zone drawer. You just have to remove the front panel to access the harness completely. Once you know how to do it, it only that's 20-30 minutes to replace the harness.
    Thanks for your response. Yes I have a fix that is good enough for me. Turns out the harness was OK, but the display module had corrosion around the plug in socket bad enough to cause a short. I Cleaned that area up and that stopped the constant cycling and ding ding dinging so I used a paperclip to short two wires until I got the setting I wanted and QED.