Thread: Evaporator Thermistor (Temp Sensor) Location GE Bottom Freezer Refrigherator

Evaporator Thermistor (Temp Sensor) Location GE Bottom Freezer Refrigherator

Model Number: PDS22MBPBCC
    Brand: GE

OK, I stupidly removed the original thermistor (aka, temp sensor) from the evaporator in order to test it WITHOUT NOTING ITS LOCATION. Interestingly enough it tested fine at -20F, 0F and 68F.

Here's my question: should the thermistor be attached to the inlet side of the evaporator or the outlet side (aka, the "suction" side). Stupidly, I failed to take note when removing the original thermistor (it was attached with a cable tie from GE).

I thought it came off the inlet side (hi pressure side) but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lar View Post
    Model Number: PDS22MBPBCC
    Brand: GE

OK, I stupidly removed the original thermistor (aka, temp sensor) from the evaporator in order to test it WITHOUT NOTING ITS LOCATION. Interestingly enough it tested fine at -20F, 0F and 68F.

Here's my question: should the thermistor be attached to the inlet side of the evaporator or the outlet side (aka, the "suction" side). Stupidly, I failed to take note when removing the original thermistor (it was attached with a cable tie from GE).

I thought it came off the inlet side (hi pressure side) but I'm not sure.

Thanks
    You dope, it goes on the suction line -- that would be the larger diameter pipe btw AND you can easily differentiate the high pressure liquid line from the low pressure gas suction line by ascertaining which of the two becomes cold first after compressor start up; the liquid high pressure line gets cold first.