Thread: Frigidaire refrigerator, new evap fan motor + control board, still no fan power

Frigidaire refrigerator, new evap fan motor + control board, still no fan power

Model Number: FGUN2642LF0
    Brand: Frigidaire

Hi, I had error code SY EF on my 2010 Frigidaire Gallery FGUN2642LF0 fridge so, like the last time in 2019, I swapped the evaporator fan motor for a new one (*which was successful the last time). BTW, freezer is cold, fridge is warm, evap fan motor not being powered on. This time around the new fan motor didn't power on, so I temporarily took it back out + tested it on a 9v battery and it worked fine (also tested the old one which worked fine as well, so wasted $ on a new part right there). From what I gathered from other threads, next it could be the main control board so I bought a new one and swapped that out. Still no power to the fan motor and now wasted $ on two new parts. I haven't tested the evap fan motor's harness via multimeter yet because I really don't know how. I've read so many other options it could be to the point I'm back at square one since I'm not versed in the multimeter. Please, any thoughts/recommendations/guidance or how to use a multimeter to check?
    Last edited by Josh G; 04-16-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Me again, so a repair guy came out and isn't getting power to the evap fan motor even using new control board...he thinks I had the wrong control board since the part#'s didn't match the oroginal, but I checked with Frigidaire and it IS the correct "replacement part" with a new part#). I remember noticing with the original control board installed that when I plugged it in, the evap fan motor sputtered on for a few seconds then stopped. Same thing happened with the new control board installed. Repair guy didn't see any burnt portions of wiring, but then again 80% of the wire harness is unreachable/not seen. Thoughts?